What are the benefits of VivaSpring Filtered Shower Heads?
The VivaSpring shower head uses patented technology to reduce contaminants like free chlorine, lead, mercury, and copper. As a bonus, the filter also inhibits the growth of scale, algae, fungi, and bacteria.
Does VivaSpring Remove 100% of Contaminants from water?
While VivaSpring does drastically reduce free-chlorine, mercury, lead, and other contaminants, it does not eliminate 100% of contaminants and source disinfectants such as chloramines which can be very resilient and hard to remove from water without a carbon filter.
What is the makeup of filtering media inside VivaSpring Filtered Shower Heads?
VivaSpring uses 100% copper-zinc (Kinetic Degradation Fluxion) filtration media. KDF is a high-purity brass water filtration process that relies on the redox potential of dissolved oxygen in water to dissolve impurities.
How does Kinetic Degradation Fluxion filtration work?
Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) process media is a high-purity copper-zinc granule that reduces contaminants in water using an oxidation/reduction or redox. VivaSpring’s KDF media exchanges electrons with contaminants, transforming them into harmless elements. During these reactions, electrons are transferred between molecules and new, benign elements are created.
Does VivaSpring work with both hot and cold water?
Yes, the 100% KDF filtration media is able to filter both hot and cold water but actually works best with warm or hot water as the redox oxidation reduction reaction will intensify.
What is included with my VivaSpring Filtered Shower Head?
- Shower Head
- Filter Cartridge
- Plumber’s Tape
How many flex points does VivaSpring have?
The VivaSpring features a durable all-metal connection for simple and secure installation. A metal ball joint provides smooth, easy angle adjustment.
What are the product specifications?
- Rated service flow: 1.8 gpm / 7.6 lpm
- Filter capacity: 10,000 gallons / 38,000 liters
- Operating pressure range: 40–100 psi / 280–690 kPa
- Operating temperature range: 40°–120° F / 4°–49° C
What certifications does the product have?
The VivaSping filter’s patented technology has been independently tested and certified by IAPMO. The six-month filter effectively filters both cold and hot water. Vivaspring Certifications:
- Tested & Certified to ASME A112.18.1/CSA B125.1 standards
- Independently tested and certified by IAPMO to NSF/ANSI standard 177 for reduction of free available chlorine (FAC)1
- This system has not been evaluated for free available chlorine reduction performance in the presence of chloramines. Free available chlorine reduction performance may be impacted by the presence of chloramines in the water supply. Please contact your local water utility to determine if chloramines are used in treating your water.
How often should I change my VivaSpring shower filter cartridge?
The VivaSpring replacement shower filter has a life of 6 months, or 10,000 gallons of water.
Are VivaSpring shower filter cartridges recyclable?
At this time, VivaSpring shower filter cartridges are not recyclable.
Where is it made?
Our VivaSpring is made in China.
For all other questions or concerns with our product, please reach out to our Support team HERE.